Using tap water to make baby formula is probably not a wise decision given the possible contaminants that can exist in tap water nowadays. Should you be a parent, please read this post in its entirety. I have some valuable information to share with you. Are you mindful of just how vulnerable your child is?
1. Microbial Threats – Inside the spring of 1993 a microscopic parasite called Cryptosporidium parvum was responsible for longer than 100 deaths in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It arrived using the city’s water supply just because a water treatment plant failed to filter it. Nowadays stricter regulations help to ensure our h2o is monitored and treated efficiently before finding yourself at our taps.
However we need to not relax since there still are many waterborne bacteria that still cause illnesses. A list includes nontyphoid Salmonella, pathogenic Escherichia coli and Legionella. Are all still very active, Legionella grows vigorously in warm water, like in a shower where it can be inhaled through the steam.
2. Lead – Probably the most feared of all the contaminants because of the damage it can cause to the brain. A recently available sampling of tap water in Washington D.C. exposed lead levels five times the EPA standard. The lead is most likely in the future out of your own household plumbing. This can happen if your house has lead pipes, or copper pipes soldered with lead and in addition it depends on the age of your dwelling.
Actually the EPA recommend that you just use cold water for cooking, drinking and particularly for making baby formula. The reason being your hot water is probably to contain higher concentrations of lead. You are in the greatest risk from your contact with lead if you are a young child or should you be pregnant
3. Chlorinated Solvents – Would you use any of the following, drain cleaners, shoe polish, waxes, oven cleaners? These contain chlorinated solvents, they are part of a chemical family that is certainly commonly used in household and industrial processes. In 2006 examples of water to drink in twelve states were examined and ten percent were contaminated with chlorinated solvents.
4. Chemical Contaminants – Over the years we have now produced many synthetic organic chemicals like antibiotics, herbicides, pesticides to list but several. Most of these find their way into our water supplies through various means, whether from illegal dumping of waste material or through the act of rain water. Once these result in our h2o they posses a really real threat to the health.
When they do end up in our water supply, in accordance with the authorities they are at “this kind of low concentration which they do not pose a health risk to consumers.” It appears very comforting, however I might ask have you thought about the long term contact with these low concentrations? A small amount of pollutant probably would not affect a grown-up, but what would it do in order to a young child?
5. Chlorine – Chlorine has been utilized inside our water supply for around one hundred years. It is actually still a valuable and effective disinfectant, plus it keeps working entirely approximately your tap. However chlorine comes with an Achilles heel, water naturally contains organic matter and when this comes into connection with chlorine the result is disinfection by-products. These by-products can affect the health of your nervous system, liver and kidneys.
Your baby is very at risk of anyone these contaminants so it’s a smart idea to stop using tap water to help make baby formula today. What you should do is obtain an effective water purifier. May I suggest a combination of ixoqvx carbon filters, ion exchange, and sub micron filtration. This will assist remove of practically all the contaminants found in water. If possible, get a whole house water system and make sure you utilize purified water for all of your baby’s needs. By doing this, you can make sure that your baby stays safe and healthy.